The whole concept of Home is a lot different today than it was a couple months ago. Everything now revolves around The Home – which means attempting to make this space as versatile as it is happy and inviting. And this, of course, takes work! Cooking more means washing more dishes. Finding small projects to keep us busy means more clean up. And less “things” to do outside, means we have to find ways to entertain ourselves inside. And we believe that all of these things are better with music.
With the help of our AI, we’ve curated a feel-good playlist fit for our new lives at Home. And what better than classic Motown and Soul to bring some positive vibes into our lives.
Al Green’s, “Tired of Being Alone” embodies exactly what we’re feeling right now. A bit lonely, but also enjoying the time to settle into life at home. A lot of Motown tracks reflect our new lives and mindsets – from Sam Cooke’s, “A Change Is Gonna Come” to The Pointer Sisters’, “Yes We Can Can” (and even Billy Paul’s, “Let’s Make a Baby” ;)), Motown is exactly the remedy we’re looking for to be at home and feel good.
We used Al Green’s iconic song as our seed track and came up with a hearty playlist in no time on our Musiio App.
Seed track: Al Green, “Tired of Being Alone”
The full playlist can be found here and it consists of these body-swaying Soul classics.
- Marvin Gaye, “I Heard It Through The Grapevine”
- Sam Cooke, “A Change Is Gonna Come”
- Aretha Franklin, “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman”
- The Pointer Sisters, “Yes We Can Can”
- Barry White, “Never Never Gonna Give You Up”
- Billy Paul, “Let’s Make a Baby”
- Marvin Gaye, “What’s Happening Brother”
- The Jackson, “Blame It On The Boogie”
- Ben E. King, “Supernatural Thing (Parts I & II)”
- James Brown, “The Boss”
- Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, “The Tracks Of My Tears”